Not logged inThe Guild of Free Traders - Discussion Forum
Forum The Guild of Free Traders Help Login
Up Topic Public Area / Plugins / droidbuttons setup
- By tsreknor (Commander / Trident Captain) Date 2017-01-04 21:07
For experienced db users, would any care to post especially useful setups here? New db users sometimes have difficulty getting combat setups to work effectively, and I'm sure there are some good ones out there that haven't been widely publicized.

Thanks

-- tsreknor
- By Furious Phenix Date 2017-01-05 05:59 Edited 2017-01-05 07:07
Ok, advanced options > controls > accelerometer to set sensitivity settings for any turn and pitch field you make.
A straif up and down and roll field is useful, but u cam also make 4 buttons if u take the time and prefer that. Though the field will give u more control.
The field option is at the top of the dB menu next to the "button" selection. Simply add new and select field to make a field (a circular tracking button like Ur turning controls)
Any /command u enter into dB will NOT require the / when u enter it into a dB. Honk is a classic example (and a fun button).
Any of Ur macros u have saved can simerally be made into dB's.
A particular problem with Android is targetless. Please make the following dB to fit over targetless list to make it smoother and more efficient.
Up list: prevLS     Down list: nextLS    cycle list: lsswitch  (- in the photo) also, unroid is a good command too, if u scan a lot of roids, it targets the nearest unsaved/unscanned roid. Also a large field covering the chat bar is useful, I set mine to say_Guild.

If you have turrets and like me enjoy manual control, the turrethop plugin is useful. Combined with dB's. There are currently only 4 turrets on any 1 ship. So simply make dB's for the following commands. Turrethop 1, turrethop 2 (and 3 and 4) 3 is adequate for a Goliath or bohemoth. (1  2 3 4 in the photo).
I'm not sure how to get rid of the original interface for current fields, perhaps someone could fill me in on that. However, u can make larger fields for us turn, pitch, straif and throttle and place them for comfort.
Finally, the shoo1 is secondary weapons (fire 2 button) and shoot 2 primary (fire 1).
The navcomp has an evade function, and turbohop is useful when used with this
Make the button for the /evade command. And the /turbohop command (jump)
Please see attached photo for an example of my button setup
The late circle in the centre right is my up/down straif and L R roll field.
Tguild is the guildtarget command, from targettools. Info is charinfo, scan is tc2 cargolist,  turbo is infiniturbo or /it (turbo in the photo, I covered the secondary fire button and made a new one on the left)
finally i have been made aware of an option within the db options menu, you can remove all origonl game buttons and feilds by activating this option.
Attachment: DSC_0011.rsz.jpg (110k)
- By Furious Phenix Date 2017-01-05 06:47
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8aVHgdXOL6nTU1JcUpSYUVqaFU/view
this is another example of a good db setup, also contains the tutorial for removing origonal butons and feilds
and a plughin called radar swap has been used to enlarge the radars
- By Furious Phenix Date 2017-01-05 10:10
Optimised it,  followed nescryals tutorial
- By MarianPL (Trident/Goliath Captain) Date 2017-01-05 10:22
Awesome, thanks guys::))
- By Otanis Oshos (Trident Captain, Council member) Date 2017-01-05 12:41
Hello, I posted in tech section my DB setup with pictures.
Do not hesitate to ask me in game.

OO
- By Furious Phenix Date 2017-01-05 12:49
Hey oo,  been a few days,  anyway I'm sure everyone has their on preferences for dB optimization.  But I thought a few bits of information would be useful for whatever setup they want to make,  especially the "patch"  for targetless
- By Otanis Oshos (Trident Captain, Council member) Date 2017-01-05 13:56
Hey Phenix, back hopefully tonight :lol::lol:

As said targetless is not convenient to me, or too small or taking to much place on screen. Mdi-targetlist is a good alt, you can move it where you want on screen, and I have also up/down buttons to navigate the list and change targets. Also I could make it transparent, which is perfect when not in use. - not residual semi-transparent rectangles.

Thanks for your setup, I will check it indepth.

OO
- By Barktooth (Councilor) Date 2017-04-25 04:20
I made a brief tutorial for installing and basic use of Droidbuttons, here's a link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxETpc7J2Es

Hope this will be of use to new members :)
- By Co.Wallis Date 2017-06-10 08:51
Here's mine
- By MarianPL (Trident/Goliath Captain) Date 2017-06-11 04:23
My settings are not very comfortable and I do not have much to show
Attachment: dump0000.rsz.jpg (107k)
Up Topic Public Area / Plugins / droidbuttons setup