Not logged inThe Guild of Free Traders - Discussion Forum
Forum The Guild of Free Traders Help Login
Up Topic Public Area / Plugins / Android Plugins
- By Cron Zelane Date 2013-11-22 23:50 Edited 2016-04-21 01:50
The how to for installing plugins on android from the Vendetta Online Forums http://www.vendetta-online.com/x/msgboard/1/25195 is inaccurate and contains unneeded steps. As I read it, a bit confusing too. Here is a simple method. If your android device does not have a file manager app you will need to install one from the Play Store. I will not recommend a certain file manager app to use, however it is important that the file manager app you will use have the ability to extract .zip files. I use the default file manager the device came with, so my experience with third party file manager apps is limited. For reference my device is an Asus TF700T Infinity running android v 4.2.1 stock. Super user privileges are not required (No Root). I will write for an audience new to Vendetta Online, as well as Android OS.

First off Vendetta Online for Android as of this posting does not configure a plugins folder at install*, so you will have to create or add one to place your plugins in. The game looks for these plugins in a specific location on your device, a plugins folder in the directory where the game files are saved to your device. Navigate your file manager to /sdcard/android/data/com.guildsoftware.vendetta/files, the correct folder where the game files are kept and create or add a new folder named plugins. Your file manager may rename sdcard as internal storage or sdcard0. Note that files is the folder within which you will create or add the new folder named plugins,  as shown in the image below.

Now that there is a plugins folder to save the plugin files to, you can download any plugin you would like to use. Plugins are not system or OS specific, they are cross platform. For this example I have used the honk plugin available on this forum from http://forum.tgft.org/forum/topic_show.pl?tid=5127 a post by LisaNels. I download files directly using the android device, you can download files from a computer and transfer them to the android device if you prefer. I will not go into the various methods for transferring files to and from an android device here. If you have difficulty transferring files download the plugins directly to your android device. Plugins come as .zip files, these once downloaded or transferred need to be extracted. Selecting the file should start the extraction process, if not a long press of the file will often open a conceptual menu window with more options including extract file. An example of witch is shown in the image below.

Default file manager I use creates a new folder and extracts the files to that new folder. In case the file manager you use does this too the new folder created during the file extraction is not the correct folder to move or copy to the plugins folder. Within the new folder will be the correct folder (containing the plugin files) that you will move or copy to the plugins folder. Be sure to move or copy only the folder with the plugin files to the plugins folder. This is illustrated in the image below, if you notice the path /sdcard/Download/honk/honk.

Note: Some file manager apps may allow the user to define the path or directory where the file will be extracted to. If this is the case simply extract plugin files directly to /sdcard/android/data/com.guildsoftware.vendetta/files/plugins. Assuming you have previously created a folder named plugins as described above.

Once the folder containing the plugin files has been moved or copied to the plugins folder you are ready to go. Plugins will load automatically at the start of the Vendetta Online app.

I would like to say that this is all you need to do, but that might be misleading. Most, but not all individual plugins have command (s) that are used threw the chat interface of the game. You will need to make note of these for each individual plugin you will use. For the plugin used as an example here you would type /honk in the chat interface.

Now that the basics of installing plugins have been explained and I hope understood, may I recommend you to another post by LisaNels at http://forum.tgft.org/forum/topic_show.pl?tid=4486. The attached .zip file to that post contains a number of great plugins. Since the .zip file is named plugins once extracted all the plugin folders will be within a folder named plugins ready to be copied to /sdcard/android/data/com.guildsoftware.vendetta/files and you have a plugins folder ready populated with great plugins. Alternately you may extract the .zip file and selectively copy or move all, a selection of or individual plugins to the plugins folder if it already exists to use in game as you would like.

There is however one significant touch screen or android specific omission and that is the Droid Buttons plugin which is a must for android users. A link to download Droid Buttons may be found in this thread at the Vendetta Online Forums http://www.vendetta-online.com/x/msgboard/16/27594. Curiously missing too is TGFT Trade Assistant witch you may download directly from TFTG web page at http://www.tgft.org/downloads.html.

Some plugins can be further customized by modifying the main.lua file. This can be done by opening the main.lua file as text in a text editor. If you do not have a text editor app installed one can be found on the Play Store. Here I will recommend a programing specific text editor such as DroidEdit (free) as some text editors do not format non-.txt or non-native app format files correctly and that makes not only viewing them, but troubleshooting errors a bit of a hassle. I like to at least read the main.lua file to see what each plugin does. I find few plugins to have a useful readme.txt file explaining the use and viewing the main.lua as text can be insightful.

* Recent changes to the Android client have added the plugins folder on install.
- By Lisa201 (Trident Captain) Date 2013-11-23 05:22
Nicely done Cron!  Thanks!
- By galanoth Date 2014-01-06 17:31
The Trade Assistant is cut off on my android. Am I the only one? Is there a apway to fix it? I can seen every thing except then sell prices, which I would think is the most important tab.
- By Lisa201 (Trident Captain) Date 2015-03-09 21:09
/storage/emulated/10/Android/data/com.guildsoftware.vendetta/files/

That's the path to my plugins area, so the full path to plugins is:

/storage/emulated/10/Android/data/com.guildsoftware.vendetta/files/plugins
- By ullrson Date 2015-08-04 15:33
hey, i downloaded the files needed but they keep saying that the files dont exist idt that they extracted im on a galaxy 3 not sure if i have to download a new file extractrr or not?
- By Lisa201 (Trident Captain) Date 2015-08-08 14:10
I use ES File Explorer.  It works well for moving files around.  If you have access to a PC, then WiFi Explorer is cool too, it lets you send files to your android and also unzip them there.
- By CryptiCypher Date 2015-11-29 04:45
Thank You Very Much!
- By CryptiCypher Date 2015-12-01 05:53
When I first installed this I got a nice aiming recticle for misses and a different one for blasters... it vanished. Wondering which plug in it was from...
- By Cron Zelane Date 2015-12-01 12:58
Hi, Falgle. If it was the plugins.zip you installed from  http://forum.tgft.org/forum/topic_show.pl?tid=4486  then you are likely referring to multi_aim module of the tcs-plugins within that .zip file.
- By Capt Mac (Councilor, Lieutenant, Goliath Captain) Date 2016-08-04 03:46
I have a LG Stylus and like did in my last cell with the plugins. I installed everything like i was supposed to do and the plugins are not working in my stylus
- By tsreknor (Commander / Trident Captain) Date 2016-08-04 04:22
The key is to find where your VO files are. There should be a folder there called plugins. Expand the plugin's .zip file and place the resulting folder in the plugins folder.

-- tsreknor
- By Pyriel Date 2016-08-04 13:17
Try downloading the arc file manager app seems to work for most trouble androids I had issues installing plugs on my phone till I tried it works like a charm now.
Up Topic Public Area / Plugins / Android Plugins