Not logged inThe Guild of Free Traders - Discussion Forum
Forum The Guild of Free Traders Help Login
Up Topic Public Area / Off-Topic / Recovering
- - By Cygnus212 Date 2019-04-07 06:42
Last month I was in a car accident and broke my arm and ribs amongst other injuries.  This is why I haven't been active in a while. I've healed up enough now that I feel up to playing again so I'll see you all soon.  My arm is still in a cast so it will be interesting to see how my flying is lol
Parent - By tsreknor (Commander / Trident Captain) Date 2019-04-07 06:44
Ouch. We're glad you're improving, and hope to see you soon.

-- tsreknor
Parent - - By Galactica Actual (Trident & Goliath Captain) Date 2019-04-08 14:21
I wish you a full and swift recovery with those injuries, and look forward to your return to VO.
Parent - By Ecka Estenk (Councilor / Trident Captain) Date 2019-04-08 18:15
Yep, hope you are getting better. Good to see you back in game.
Parent - By GiantChook (Trident Captain) Date 2019-04-10 07:32
Well I think I speak for everyone when I say we are so happy to hear from you after this kind of event and look forward to seeing you in the universe again. Heal up and join us when you are ready. Take care, bud.

GiantChook
- - By Cygnus212 Date 2019-07-16 07:26
Thank you all so much for the very kind words and I know you all mean it sincerely.  The last few months have been long and hard but now I've healed of pretty well for the most part.  With everything going on in my life I sort of lost interest in gaming for a while but I knew I would eventually come back to it and now I'm itching to get back in my ship and do some hauling.  I have a lot of work yet to do in VO.  The last couple of months I have been rebuilding my old PC, buying and installing a lot of newer parts.  Now it's ready to go and so am I :)  I had enough of mobile devices for a while.  Time to fly, fight and haul the right way :cool:
I am so glad you guys don't kick players out for being inactive.  It really is a great policy.  I don't think I would have come back if it wasn't for that.
Parent - By tsreknor (Commander / Trident Captain) Date 2019-07-16 07:36
Thanks Cyg, we'll look forward to seeing you.

We have had members come back after years of inactivity, and it is always a pleasure when this happens.

-- tsreknor
Parent - By Galactica Actual (Trident & Goliath Captain) Date 2019-07-16 12:06 Edited 2019-07-16 12:17
3 months of missing VO and I would be ready to return too :)
We have new Capitol ship Captains in TGFT since you to a break in playing.
In the Forum there is a contest to win up to 50M credits. Here is a link.

http://forum.tgft.org/forum/topic_show.pl?tid=9805

The Developers and some players have recently hosted events, (I picked up a VO Developer participation token, its in Pelatus!).
6 people are running for council, with the voting sometime this week. We have only 3 open seats. This is an example of the good guild participation we are enjoying.
Guild queening on Fridays is still going on and doing well.
I think you should hurry back and get you some if this fun! :D
GA
- - By Barktooth (Councilor) Date 2019-07-16 23:53
I somehow missed this entire thread.

Glad you are getting back in action! I have a hard time finding motivation to play lately, but I hope to see you in game sometime.

Fly safe, folks.
Parent - By Cygnus212 Date 2019-07-23 13:55
Barktooth I don't blame you for losing some motivation for as long as you've been playing and you've mastered many aspects of the game which I'm sure makes it less exciting or appealing after a while.  Good thing is the devs are always coming up with new ways to try to make things more exciting for everyone.  I think if you wait long enough you will start to find some of that motivation coming back.
- - By Cygnus212 Date 2019-07-23 13:41
Thank you all for the very warm welcome back.  It feels so good to be playing again.  I really missed everyone.  I'm a bit rusty now so I may need a little help getting back in the groove of things.  Thanks for the info GA.
Parent - - By GiantChook (Trident Captain) Date 2019-07-23 14:16
Welcome back, Cygnus. Will be good to have you flying again. How are you these days?

GiantChook
BUKKAH!!!
Parent - By Cygnus212 Date 2019-07-25 08:44
BUKKAH!!!

Thanks Chook.  I'm doing ok now.  Still have some healing to do and doc appointments to go to but I've made a lot of progress.  I'm doing a lot of reading here on forum to catch up on things.  It is great to be flying again and I hope to see you online soon.
Up Topic Public Area / Off-Topic / Recovering