Not logged inThe Guild of Free Traders - Discussion Forum
Forum The Guild of Free Traders Help Login
Up Topic Public Area / Plugins / /bind
- By Boanerges (Lieutenant / Council / Trident Captain) Date 2017-10-16 19:54
I am having some trouble getting the /bind to work on some keys. I believe I have figured it out while trying to set up my joystick. It seems that VO has "preset" a lot of keys and joystick buttons to certain functions. The "Help" button says you can mouse over a function and it "backspace" or "delete" to clear all buttons assigned to that function. I believe that it did work that way in past (few years ago) but does not seem to work now. Also I don't believe any joystick buttons had any preset functions.

Is there a way to clear out VO preset buttons for the functions????
- By tsreknor (Commander / Trident Captain) Date 2017-10-16 22:03
Set it as

JOYBUTTON0=NONE

etc.

See http://forum.tgft.org/forum/topic_show.pl?pid=45565.

-- tsreknor
- By Boanerges (Lieutenant / Council / Trident Captain) Date 2017-10-16 23:43
The only things that show on the Joystick page in Controls is the 4 controls - joystick forward/backward, joystick left/right, joystick twist CW/CCW, and the "flip type" button I use as throttle. The VO settings that I am trying to get changed are on the Keyboard page. If you click on a task it highlights and then you can click on a keyboard button or joystick button and it gets bound to that button. VO has several preset bound to some of the buttons on my joystick and I can't get them removed from that page.
- By tsreknor (Commander / Trident Captain) Date 2017-10-17 00:50
You have to edit config.ini.

-- tsreknor
- By Rolflor (Lieutenant / Trident / Goliath Captain) Date 2017-10-17 11:36
There is a mouse over and backspace thing on the keyboard inputs screen. This deletes all the commands currently on the button selected.
- By Boanerges (Lieutenant / Council / Trident Captain) Date 2017-10-17 23:32 Edited 2017-10-17 23:53
tsreknor, I have never been into that file for anything. I found the file and tried to edit by putting =NONE after the joystick keys as you had said but when I tried to save and exit it said you do not have permission to edit that file, see the owner of the file.
- By Boanerges (Lieutenant / Council / Trident Captain) Date 2017-10-17 23:35
I know about the backspace thing in the keyboard section, I have used it in the past, but it does not work that way now. If I mouse over and hit backspace or delete as shown in Help it does nothing. If I right or left click on an item and then hit backspace or delete it adds that key to the keys that will trigger that action.
- By Rolflor (Lieutenant / Trident / Goliath Captain) Date 2017-10-18 00:29
You have to copy the whole file to a note, edit it and then drag it over to replace it will let you do this but not edit within the file unless you allow your file viewing program to run as an administrator.
It was explained to me here:
https://www.vendetta-online.com/x/msgboard/4/33562
- By Rolflor (Lieutenant / Trident / Goliath Captain) Date 2017-10-18 01:16
When I setup my joystick I figured out all the button names such as Joy0Button7 and so on and just bound them with /bind commands like /bind Joy0Button7 CharInfo
- By Boanerges (Lieutenant / Council / Trident Captain) Date 2017-10-18 12:45
Rolflor, I have tried several times to edit the config file in VO, even tried copy it and move to Notepad, edit, and move back and still won't let me save the edited file. VO must have change something there also. As for binding to Joystick buttons, I did that years ago on old laptop (windows 7) but the binds don't take. Years ago I was able to delete any keyboard item keys in the options area with mouse over and backspace but that don't work now on new computer Windows 10. I am able to change the setup function for buttons that are covered on the "stock game setup" but am unable to get any buttons to bind to anything else.

I found software for my Logitech Joystick (same model I used before without needing the software) which will let me edit the use of the buttons for whatever game I am playing but then it saves it to the games ".exe" file. I tried to VO but did not take and it will not let me save to the config file.

Has the method of requesting help from VO changed from the "Support" tab on VO website? I had sent one it that way, as it was the way it was done back when, but have not got any response from it. When I first logged on, the credits Boanerges had was immediately wiped out for past rent due on extra space in stations and I sent request to see if could get that back. I looked back a few days later and all the request were old ones. I want to send one in about the Joystick.
- By dimmyr Date 2017-10-25 00:21
@Boanerges, here's what you need to do on Win7 to be able to edit that file.

To start a command prompt as an administrator:

1. Click Start, click All Programs, and then click Accessories.
2. Right-click Command prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
3. If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.

- When at command prompt, type:
        notepad.exe
- Press Enter.
- Click File > Open
- Find the config file you want to edit.
- Edit it, save it.
- Profit :)
Up Topic Public Area / Plugins / /bind