Not logged inThe Guild of Free Traders - Discussion Forum
Forum The Guild of Free Traders Help Login
Up Topic Public Area / Off-Topic / Extra Long Weekend
- - By Zathras (Architect of The Great Machine) Date 2006-01-03 22:46
Xmaz week, and this first one of the new year, have been hard on poor Zathras:
- Doing 3 mens work, while compiling end-of-year reports at the same time, in effect doing the work of 5 people.
- Car broke down, shaving further time off everything since I have to walk to work and back.
- Mother-in-law visited during Xmaz (She's really allright, but having her, and my wifes two sisters, living with us for 3 weeks is a bit much)
- Quit smoking (finally)

All theese ad up to Zath not being ingame, but at work, even when work is at home.  That's why I told my boss that I want this Wed, Thu and Fri off, and I got it.  With pay!
Yay!  I rule!
Parent - - By Pliny the Elder Date 2006-01-03 23:25
cool.

congrats on quitting smoking!
Parent - - By Zathras (Architect of The Great Machine) Date 2006-01-03 23:56
Well, I don't count as having quit just yet.
3 days, 5 hours and 25 minutes so far, and I haven't officially quit until it's been atleast two weeks.

Now it seems there is still some crap to do, and my Extra Long Weekend is in trouble.
Oh well, atleast they pay poorly and give horrible benefits...
Parent - - By jamay cheers Date 2006-01-04 00:02
Don't be to hard on yourself! Stick with the non smoking, it 'll work in the end.
GO ZATHRAS!
Parent - - By Zathras (Architect of The Great Machine) Date 2006-01-04 00:11
I have confidence in the whole quitting smoking thing, that's not a very big deal to me.  I just don't think it counts unless it's atleast two weeks in.

What I really don't like is having to do alot of work during my supposedly "long weekend off".  Oh well.
Parent - - By Screwball Date 2006-01-04 01:09
Congrats on saying no to lung disease.

Perhaps you should dress as if you were on vacation, bring in pizza and beer, and listen to sports or music on the radio.  That might drive home the point that you're supposed to be on vacation.
Parent - By Zathras (Architect of The Great Machine) Date 2006-01-04 08:25
Hehe, yeah, that'd be a good idea.
Only problem is:  I'm actually at home.
Parent - - By Gaird Date 2006-01-04 18:43
  Sweet, keep your chin up though. 

FYI, I quit smoking a few days before X-mas.  The first five or six days is the hardest.  I found that, if I kept busy,  I only had cravings after a large meal (so I ate smaller ones for a week,) and when I was doing something that I smoked while doing (like driving.)   So I keep a small bag of skittles or gummy bears around to help with that part.  Now I have to break my gummy bear addiction.  LOL  The cravings only last a few minutes or less so it's not to bad.
Parent - - By Eize Ryda Date 2006-01-04 21:49
<- also quit smoking recently.. havent had one in about 4weeks.

EZR
Parent - - By Kalima Date 2006-01-10 21:24
hmm,, give my smoking up,, hmm
Parent - - By Zathras (Architect of The Great Machine) Date 2006-01-11 14:14
10 days, 19 hours, 45 minutes and 53 seconds without smoking, saved SEK 378.82 (~35 Euro) by not smoking 216 cigs.
This is actually easier than I thought it would be.
Parent - By Broma-Ba Slick Date 2006-01-11 15:14
Goooooo Zathras!!  And youse other guys who are kicking the nic stick.
Up Topic Public Area / Off-Topic / Extra Long Weekend