Not logged inThe Guild of Free Traders - Discussion Forum
Forum The Guild of Free Traders Help Login
Up Topic Public Area / Public Board / Getting Started, a simple FAQ of sorts.
- By Cron Zelane Date 2016-04-03 17:43 Edited 2016-04-09 01:32
Getting Started, a simple FAQ of sorts.

I.
Q.- Are the training missions important?
A.- Yes. Read carefully every word of the training missions and complete them correctly, they explain the basics and will be of great use to you even before you leave the training sector.

II.
Q.- What is a mentor?
A.- A mentor is not just a player who assists you to discover the game, but it is also a game activity and mentoring new players has advantage to those that take the time to do so. Type /mentor in any chat to read about it in game. Note: To participate in the games mentor mechanic you must do so before you gain any single license to level 3.

III.
Q.- Can I use plugins on mobile?
A.- Yes. Plugins are cross platform and run within the Vendetta Online client. Some plugins have a mobile friendly version for use with touch screen, others are designed special for mobile players. 

IV.
Q.- What is the best ship for a new player?
A.- Revenant. Revenant MkI Basic will require Trade License Level 1 (Take any Trade Mission to gain Trade License Level 1). Revenant MkI is 470 credits about has Armor 11´000, 22 cu cargo, 2 S-Ports, 1 L-Port, 55 m/s max. Speed, 180 m/s Turbo Speed and uses 50/sec. Turbo Energy. Note: If you have a Mentor ask them about Hive Fast Charge Powercell, Hive Positron Blaster, Hive Queen Gatling Cannon and High Density Mining Beam. A Revenant equipt with that gear is a great PvE ship and or mining craft that will serve new players well!

V.
Q.- What is a Swarm Rag?
A.- It is a Ragnarok MkIII with a Fast Charge Powercell, 3 S-Port Gemini Missile Launchers and 2 L-Port Chaos Swarm Missile Launchers. A player needs License Levels 5/4/7/-/- to have access to this ship with that equipment. The Swarm Rag is used to take out shields, such as those of Hive Queens and NPC or Player Tridents. A player will need to ‘Stack’ or fire all the missiles while traveling as close to the missiles travel speed as possible (80 m/s) to take out shields.

VI.
Q.- What are Keys?
A.- Keys provide controlled access to both player conquerable stations (Latos I-8, Bractus M-14 & Pelatus C-12) and player owned Tridents. Note: Repair and Reload fees are not applied when docked with either.

VII.
Q.- Is it worth while to upgrade from F2P to a premium subscription?
A.- Yes, the game offers much more content to premium subscribers.

VIII.
Q.- What does The Guild of Free Trader [TGFT] do? What is it about?
A.-In short TGFT promotes free trade in the Vendetta-Online universe threw friendship, mentoring developing players, use and maintenance of excellent trade and mining tools.

VIV.
Q.- Do you use the default gamepad configuration?
A.- No. I use a custom configuration as follows. Note: I use Sony PlayStation DualShock 4 gamepad and this is not the actual gamepad map, that is available elsewhere on the forum.
DPad Up = Infiniturbo Toggle (this is an InfiniTurbo plugin bind option).
DPad Down = +Brakes
DPad Left = targetnone (this is a targetless plugin bind option).
DPad Right = RadarNextFront
Share = Launch (this is a TGFT_Util plugin bind option).
Track Pad Button = RadarNextNearestEnemy
Options = MyDent (this is a TGFT_Util plugin bind option).
Triangle = Infiniturbo Speed (this is an InfiniTurbo plugin bind option).
Circle = abcstart (this is an abc plugin bind option).
Cross = Activate
Square = Infiniturbo Stack (this is an InfiniTurbo plugin bind option).
Right Thumb Stick X/Y = Turn/Pitch
Right Thumb Stick Button = Roll Right
PS Button = Tur+ (Turrets plugin bind option).
Left Thumb Stick X/Y = Straif Up/Down/Left/Right
Left Thumb Stick Button = Roll Left
L1 = Accelerate
L2 = Deccelerate
R1 = Shoot Game Trigger 2 (Secondary).
R2 = Shoot Game Trigger 1 (Primary).

I change (3) Triangle, Circle, Square and (5) PS Button depending on my game activity threw chat cmd. /bind.  All else is configured by direct edit of the config.ini file. Triangle+Sqaure the game default for the gamepad help window will not bind correctly so I have let it be. Cross default bind is Activate again changing this has caused me trouble so I let it be too.
- By Seton-Ro Estor Date 2016-05-22 09:27
Correction
V.
Q.- What is a Swarm Rag?
A.- It is a Ragnarok MkIII with a Fast Charge Powercell, 3 S-Port Gemini Missile Launchers and 2 L-Port Chaos Swarm Missile Launchers. A player needs License Levels 5/4/7/-/- to have access to this ship with that equipment however with Corvus Admire the licence levels can be brought down to 4/4/4/-/-.The Swarm Rag is used to take out shields, such as those of Hive Queens and NPC or Player Tridents. A player will need to ‘Stack’ or fire all the missiles while traveling as close to the missiles travel speed as possible (80 m/s) to take out shields.
Up Topic Public Area / Public Board / Getting Started, a simple FAQ of sorts.