Not logged inThe Guild of Free Traders - Discussion Forum
Forum The Guild of Free Traders Help Login
Up Topic Public Area / Hardware Help and Settings / Losing control when mouse pointer activates
- By alxdagr8 Date 2016-03-30 20:24
This has happened several times, I'm flying and suddenly the controls seize up and my mouse pointer is on the screen. I've lost four ships this way, I have to go to Task Manager and minimize game then return to game to get my control back. By that time Im usually dead. Any suggestions? I've turned off notifications and sounds on my computer so they wont interrupt but something is still activating the mouse mid game. Help, its' literally killing my ships!!
- By tsreknor (Commander / Trident Captain) Date 2016-03-30 20:32
This sounds to me like a system problem on your computer.

I'm no IT tech, but the first thing I would try is a system update, or even upgrade.

I had a problem recently with my gaming keyboard suddenly not working. I was unable to use my text macros, and nothing that I tried fixed the problem. I even bought a new keyboard, problem persisted. In desperation, finally I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Bingo, everything magically worked. I still have no idea why a system that had worked just fine for years suddenly wouldn't.

-- tsreknor
Up Topic Public Area / Hardware Help and Settings / Losing control when mouse pointer activates