Not logged inThe Guild of Free Traders - Discussion Forum
Forum The Guild of Free Traders Help Login
Up Topic Public Area / Off-Topic / Hey guys, this is where you can see pics of my house
- - By Eize Ryda Date 2005-12-19 05:24
After the hurricane, i took pics.. here they are http://zex0s.home.mchsi.com/index2.html
Parent - - By Obsidian Date 2005-12-19 12:12
Hmm, are they claiming that the house is still habitable?  Insurance companies can odd.
Parent - By Broma-Ba Slick Date 2005-12-19 15:24
I think the issue is whether the house was damaged by wind or by storm surge.  Homeowners policies typically cover wind damage, but not flood, including storm surge, tsunami, etc.  To get that coverage, you need flood insurance.  I think this is the reason that Trent Lott has sued his insurance company.
Parent - By Zathras (Architect of The Great Machine) Date 2005-12-19 15:33
I'm sure the house is still habitable.
The problem is acutually finding the house.

Holy Macron, that reminds me of some post-apocalyptic movies...
Parent - - By Screwball Date 2005-12-19 15:37
Wow!  Down to the posts...  I'm very glad you and your family are all ok.
Parent - By Eize Ryda Date 2005-12-20 02:27
Yea, ins. company is saying it was caused by flood damage.. we -did- have flood insurance, but missed one payment due to a mixup, they dropped us, and we couldnt renew because there were active storms at the time.. but there are several indications, at least to me, that this was done before the surge came in.,. one.. the house is wiped out.. a surge floods a house, knocks out some windows, maybe even collapses the structure partially.. our house was scattered over 3 square miles, which tells me, wind took it down... then the surge spread it around.. trees broken at the tops for a good 200yds in an almost straight line from the house back thru a (used to be) wooded area to a main highway, tells me tornado.. and tornados hit coastlines before surges.
but.. good news is.
we're all ok :) just tryin to get everything back together..
Up Topic Public Area / Off-Topic / Hey guys, this is where you can see pics of my house