Not logged inThe Guild of Free Traders - Discussion Forum
Forum The Guild of Free Traders Help Login
Up Topic Public Area / Public Board / Members of TGFT KOS
- By galanoth Date 2015-10-16 21:43
I'm not going to get into the drama of explaining my resignation. I simply got bored. Thats it. I place no blame on TGFT leadership. As far as "Grizzly Spacebear": She is KOS. She has been an annoyance, interrupting consensual PvP and being immature on 100 and in sector. There is no good reason not to kill her. " Nobleasskicker" has also been vocal about my leaving on 100, resorting to disrespectful vulgarities. He is also KOS. I will consider abolishing their KOS status if I receive an official apology from these members. As far as Ason informing me that the belief is I am a pirate; bring me evidence of that ASAP because even I was unaware of that. I give keys to FAMY at Pelatus C-12, that does not make me a pirate. My RP at the moment is semi-nationalist independent. My only beef is with one and I have unofficial NAPs with FAMY and SKV. I afford station keys at Pelatus C-12 to FAMY, SKV, and TRI. I have yet to be approached about station keys, except by Nobleasskicker, who asked in a very rude manner.

Anyway, until an apology is made, those 2 members will remain on my KOS.
- By galanoth Date 2015-10-16 21:45
Also, since Ason informed me that it is believed I am a pirate, should I assume that I am on TGFTs KOS list? Just to be safe I will act as such until I am assured that it is known I am not a rat.
- By tsreknor (Commander / Trident Captain) Date 2015-10-16 22:07
Ok, we have a simple rule. We don't shoot at people unless they threaten us.

We don't care what is said on 100.

Taking a station and not giving us keys is too bad, but we wouldn't shoot at a player just for that.

If you shoot at one member of TGFT, you're shooting at the whole guild.

We are not a combat guild, and we don't have a KOS list. We have an advisory list of players who might be hostile, so members can take appropriate defensive action.

Is the above clear enough?

-- tsreknor
- By Ason Date 2015-10-16 22:19
Just to clarify:  Galanoth, do you completely deny any accusations of charging someone a ransom or "warranty" for safe passage?
- By galanoth Date 2015-10-16 22:29
I deny trying to sell warranties to a TGFT member. I messed around with a FAMY member and a FNTG member. I was actively attacking an FNTG member because they were doing a business transaction with an enemy of mine. If their is an alliance with FNTG and TGFT, I was unaware. I have a warranty sales pitch as one of my hails, so I may have unknowingly hailed Grizzly with it but besides that I don't think I have actually RPd as a rat. As far as the keys, If TGFT leadership would approach me I'm sure we can come up with something, but the way I was approached by Nobleasskicker is not how you get keys.
- By galanoth Date 2015-10-16 22:31
@tsreknor I am aware of the TGFT ROE, I was fired upon by Grizzly without hail, and I defended my station when she attacked.
- By Ason Date 2015-10-16 22:45
If you charge anyone a warranty that qualifies you as a pirate and is an act against free trade.  It seems you are trying out different RPs and figuring out which one you like.  This is normal and we certainly are criticizing you for it.  However, I would hope you could understand from our perspective your leaving TGFT combined with this report of your charging warranty leaves a bad taste in our mouths.  This is likely the reason for the aggression you are getting from some of our members (though I haven't yet personally spoken with them).

If you maintain that you aren't pirating anyone (or, at least you aren't going to pirate anyone any more), or that it was simply a mistaken hail, then I think we can chalk this up to a simple misunderstanding (at least, pending any additional information about the incidents).  If that is the case, then I will see what I can do about asking Axiom and noble to dial it down.
- By Sieger Date 2015-10-16 22:48
You left again? Lol...

Ok, a good step in a peaceful direction would be not to open threads like this and instead approaching us with your problems. You of all leaving folks should know how such behaviour is received by the playerbase. It makes it easy to assume that you did it willingly.
It also kind of felt like you were trying to throw a bad light upon the guild with this one. I didn't exactly feel flattered when reading it.
- By galanoth Date 2015-10-16 23:00
To be completely honest, I didn't really try to put TGFT in a bad light. Players like Grizzly do that already pretty well already. In the same way that attacking a member of TGFT is attacking the whole guild, the individual members also represent TGFT as a whole. So when I am attacked by members of TGFT a few days after leaving and insulted by another member, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth as well. Ason I appreciate you talking to Axiom/Grizzly and Noble, and Sieger, I apologise that my post was inflammatory or insulting, but at the time of creation I felt a little attacked by TGFT and judging by the members in question, I was no longer a friend.
- By galanoth Date 2015-10-16 23:05
On a side not, Sieger, I would love to see you back on VO, I remember when I first joined TGFT you were one of the pilots I looked up to and I hope recent events don't cause animosity between us
- By Ason Date 2015-10-16 23:39
We have resolved this matter.
Up Topic Public Area / Public Board / Members of TGFT KOS