Not logged inThe Guild of Free Traders - Discussion Forum
Forum The Guild of Free Traders Help Login
Up Topic Public Area / Plugins / Fenders guide to setting up droidbuttons on an Android phone
- By Yettan-Do Date 2014-12-31 13:21 Edited 2014-12-31 13:32
Presuming you have downloaded Droidbuttons from either the wiki page or voupr.com and installed the contents of the zip file into a plugins folder, you need to undock your ship and fly to a nice safe sector. OK we are now safe. Open droidbuttons..this is tge db button top left..using the place button move the dB button AND reload somewhere sensible near the centre of the hud. Press save top left on screen AND on the droidbuttons screen each time you move a button. Now open options at the top and click advanced..click the padlock to unlock and tick the box so you can remove the current hud. Now return to the main droidbuttons screen and commence placing the buttons you actually need on the hud. Press add then give your button a name...asign a function from the drop down arrows on the right (you can have short and long press functionality) ..press save..touch to place on the hud..and press save again in the top left corner and once more on the DB screen. Continue until you are satisfied with your load out.

The last screenshot should in fact be the first..and the first the last. Doh
- By Boanerges (Lieutenant / Council / Trident Captain) Date 2015-01-01 15:51
Can the buttons be assigned to operate items other than those on the list, or are players limited to just those? Examples I can think of are "honk", "launch", and others needed on some plugins.
- By The Silent H Date 2014-12-31 22:48
this is awesome, the very thing i needed. perhaps my mobile play will become a little more effective now
- By Ecka Estenk (Councilor / Trident Captain) Date 2015-01-01 13:03
Very useful information
- By Thor Wotansen Date 2015-01-01 13:27
Good stuff, thanks
- By Yettan-Do Date 2015-01-01 17:23 Edited 2015-01-01 17:59
Doh..deleted this by pressing the edit button
- By Boanerges (Lieutenant / Council / Trident Captain) Date 2015-01-01 17:52
Neither am I, and that is why I was asking. Trying to help out the new "tablet/phone" players.
- By Yettan-Do Date 2015-01-01 17:58
Ok with a bit of experimentation I've found out that if you type the full name of the plugin in the text box next to the function drop down arrow and assign it a box on screen the plugin works. So far I've got MAID, targetless and Honk to work without issue.
- By Thor Wotansen Date 2015-01-04 04:21
My setup
Attachment: dump0002.rsz.jpg (68k)
Attachment: dump0001.rsz.jpg (62k)
Up Topic Public Area / Plugins / Fenders guide to setting up droidbuttons on an Android phone