Not logged inThe Guild of Free Traders - Discussion Forum
Forum The Guild of Free Traders Help Login
Up Topic Public Area / Off-Topic / Stupid News
- - By Boanerges (Lieutenant / Council / Trident Captain) Date 2014-10-09 01:04
I heard on the Radio this morning that a group of people have a Class Action Law Suit against Red Bull. Red Bull, for other areas, is an energy Drink that in their Advertising say "Red Bull will give you Wings". The Ads show an cartoon type individual flying around on small wings that are on its back.

The people are Suing because they drank some Red Bull and DID NOT grow WINGS. Red Bull has pulled that part of their Advertising and has agreed to pay rather than waste time in Court.

This is about as bad as the man who rented a MotorHome for Vacation. He was driving down the road with the Vehicle on "Cruise Control" when he got up from the drivers seat and went into the back to make himself a cup of coffee. The Vehicle wrecked and he sued because no one told him that "Cruise Control" was NOT "Auto Pilot".
Parent - - By galloway Date 2014-10-09 05:35
Its just getting worse and worse on this planet. :cry:
Parent - By Lisa201 (Trident Captain) Date 2014-10-12 01:13
It sure is!
Parent - - By Anachronos Date 2014-10-09 14:00
I wish we had a superhero in real life named "Captain Obvious" who pimp slaps the densest humans.
Parent - By Sieger Date 2014-10-09 19:01
I'm quite certain the guy who sued Red Bull was well aware he would not grow wings. He probably was a smart lawyer or anyone else who knows a bit and calculated himself some chances. He won and is now a wealthy man.
Parent - - By Fluffy Date 2014-10-09 22:06
From what I read, the suit was about the claim / implication that Red Bull provides physical / mental enhancements to the consumer that they can't get from a common cup of coffee.  The whole 'wings' thing appears to be the media trying to be cute.
Parent - By AhuraMazda Date 2014-10-10 16:36
Does this mean angels wings and butterfly wings are out too for costumes? I mean they are wings after all...:lol: (says the man whose avatar has wings)
Parent - By Patterner (Foo McQuux) Date 2014-10-11 11:14
Up Topic Public Area / Off-Topic / Stupid News