Not logged inThe Guild of Free Traders - Discussion Forum
Forum The Guild of Free Traders Help Login
Up Topic Public Area / Plugins / Simple plug-in hack for condensed UI/HUD users
- By Cron Zelane Date 2014-05-03 02:23 Edited 2014-05-03 02:32
Hello TGFT, attached is a .zip file containing a demonstration plug-in. It is a simple Hello World and a Condensed UI/HUD Compatible (CUIC) version of the same Hello World plug-in. As has been mentioned recently on mobile devices using the condensed UI/HUD settings a plug-in making use of purchaseprint to display messages will cause a dialog box to appear that many times require input to close.

Any plug-in can be modified to eliminate this hassle. I have used the methods demonstrated in the attached plug-in with great success. I rather appreciate some of the info provided by these messages and in most cases consider this mod preferable to commenting out messages entirely. It is versatile allowing for multiple unique message format types and simple to implement. Once the message variables have been established you need only change the instances of purchaseprint for the appropriate variable message.

I have uploaded a second attachment of an actual plug-in I have modified to further demonstrate how the modification is applied and functions. If a plug-in does not have a vars.lua file the variables may be introduced in the main.lua file between declared namespace and first function entry, other wise just add to the existing vars.lua file.
Attachment: HelloWorldCUIC.zip (609B)
Attachment: QuickPlot_v1.0_CUIC.zip (2k)
- By Lunchfoot (Trident Captain) Date 2014-05-03 03:20
I like what i see:) Thanks Cron!
- By Tokkana Slano Date 2014-05-03 19:56
Cool! Nice job Cron :)
- By Cron Zelane Date 2014-05-03 21:48 Edited 2014-05-05 17:28
Since it was NavComp that got all this started I decided to just give CUIC treatment to NavComp v1.6.9. I have tested it to be working correctly the best I can. If you use and encounter errors please notify here and time permitting I will attempt to resolve them, thank you.

I did not identify a file to place the modifications in so I made a new file cuic.lua for them. This file has the working code, a sort of how to and generic code to assist in future modifications, short and sweet don't expect a wiki. NavComp is a complex plug-in yet the CUIC conversion was a breeze.

EDIT: I uploaded the incorrect file originally. If you obtained the .zip file prior to the last edit, please download again.

EDIT: Repackaged .zip file to eliminate the need for a rename after extraction. Moved the How To and generic code to cuic-Read-Me.txt to afford some extra context for assisting in possible future modifications by users, cuic.lua file now contains only working code. Made tweaks to the colors and formats used to display the various message types.
Attachment: NavComp_v1.6.9_CUIC.zip (60k)
- By Muskrat Date 2014-05-04 01:44
Awesome! It works great!

Only one thing: I had to remove the space in the folder name for VO to load the plugin but it works the way I was hoping it would.

Good job Cron.
- By Cron Zelane Date 2014-05-16 22:19
TA as available threw www.TGFT.org uses purchaseprint for messaging. I modified the code in a very simple way to eliminate this and have the plug-in be more mobile friendly. Much like I have done in the past with CUIC, but a bit more inline with the original code. I bumped the version from 1.12 to 1.13 and made note in the change log.
Attachment: ta_v1.13.zip (5k)
- By tsreknor (Commander / Trident Captain) Date 2014-05-17 01:27
Thanks, CZ :)

Lisa, after the web site is migrated, can we put this up where the current TA link is?

-- tsreknor
- By Lisa201 (Trident Captain) Date 2014-05-17 15:14
Sure thing!
- By Lisa201 (Trident Captain) Date 2014-05-17 22:59
On our new alternate server, It's done.  I downloaded it from tgft.no-ip.org on the web site.  Also put my keys plugin on the web site as a test.  Works.
- By Cron Zelane Date 2014-05-28 17:15
I notice I often miss a group invite notice or two on chat, that is just the way it is for me. Looking into a more persistent reminder I found ezGruop plug-in. In original form it uses purchaseprint, naturally I modified the code to CUIC and make it available here to any who might find it of use. Cheers.
Attachment: ezGroup_CUIC.zip (14k)
- By Atvar Black Date 2014-11-16 16:53
Can something be done for tcs? Currently using 1.4sob2B no vo clock on phone and the config window is too big so I can not save options.
- By Lisa201 (Trident Captain) Date 2014-11-17 14:18
I'll see if In can find the stuff to change the scale on the screen.
- By Atvar Black Date 2014-11-18 00:21
Thanks Lisa!
Up Topic Public Area / Plugins / Simple plug-in hack for condensed UI/HUD users