Not logged inThe Guild of Free Traders - Discussion Forum
Forum The Guild of Free Traders Help Login
Up Topic Public Area / Public Board / Kodaly Peacock Variations
- By tsreknor (Commander / Trident Captain) Date 2014-03-30 06:34
For those who asked, the video of our recent concert, featuring Kodaly Peacock Variations is now posted at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IXkF0XQ3o8&feature=youtu.be.

There is a history to this recording. Our videos are normally taken from a camera on a dais in the audience. For this particular piece, the operator discovered to her horror that she had forgotten to turn on the camera until about 1:30 into the piece, resulting in a flawed recording that the orchestra didn't want to put on the Internet.

What to do? Fortunately, the conductor makes a video, for her own professional purposes, using a camera in back of the orchestra. This camera shows the conductor as the orchestra sees her.

The two videos were therefore expertly spliced so that the picture cuts from the conductor to the orchestra at about 1:30. It is smoothly done, and my ear cannot hear any audio discontinuity.

For those who asked about this performance, I hope you enjoy our effort at performing a great Hungarian masterpiece.

-- tsreknor
- By Bladerus Mortus (Councilor / Trident Captain) Date 2014-03-31 17:36
I have watched it. It is magnificent! Congratulations to the orchestra, the conductor and to the technical staff for making this wonderful performance.
- By Ecka Estenk (Councilor / Trident Captain) Date 2014-03-31 22:30
Very nicely done, I  really liked the flute and piccolo section.
- By Tokkana Slano Date 2014-04-02 20:30
Wonderful performance! Thank you for sharing.

And lucky for you (and us) that there was a second camera :)
- By Muskrat Date 2014-04-03 01:23
Very nice! I thought the conductor was going to fall over at the end,  ha ha.
Well done.
Up Topic Public Area / Public Board / Kodaly Peacock Variations