Not logged inThe Guild of Free Traders - Discussion Forum
Forum The Guild of Free Traders Help Login
Up Topic Public Area / Public Board / Pirates Troubles
- By GaldarinKnight Date 2014-02-08 08:02
I can't go anywhere with getting attacked  I was exolded 6 times in a row by a dude from alt its messed up I lost 450k+ buying new ships and equipment any tips on this problem?
- By tsreknor (Commander / Trident Captain) Date 2014-02-08 08:41
Yes. The first approach is to pay attention to where you operate until you develop some fighting skill. Standing of +600 (Admired) makes you a less attractive target. Be aware that many stations in UIT space are monitored by factions (like TPG, Orion, etc.), not by UIT. Standing with each of those factions has to be acquired independently of UIT standing. So sticking to UIT and TPG stations at first may help. Do not fly in grey space. Relocating deep in Itani space might be necessary to get away from rats. Do not advertise on 100 where you are or where you are going.

Your levels are 1/1/0/1/2. You can spend time shooting easy bots in Arta Caelestis and probably will not be bothered. Take Beginner Combat Practice. Vary the station that you base from to avoid being camped. This will get you some combat and weapon levels. When you mine, don't do it at a station. There are lots of sectors with roids and no bots that are not marked on the nav map. Do some exploring in Arta and Dau to find some of these. Base at a UIT or TPG station.

Fly faster ships. If you can find Ninjr, buy some Ultra Charge fuel cells from him. Fly a Warthog II with UC fuel cell when you're just motoring from one station to another. Very hard to catch. As soon as you can buy it, use Atlas X (available at TPG stations) for a greasy fast light trade ship. Again, always use UC fuel cell as soon as you're able to acquire some. The generally available counterpart, Fast Charge, requires combat 4 and trade 4, so will be inaccessible to you for a while.

Hope some of this helps. Perhaps we should talk a little in game.
-- tsreknor
- By tsreknor (Commander / Trident Captain) Date 2014-02-08 08:54
If you're being killed repeatedly because you're station camped, contact us on 444 without tipping what the problem is, then explain the problem to one of our members via pm. There are ways of extracting you from a situation like that.

-- tsreknor
- By GaldarinKnight Date 2014-02-08 12:53
Ok thanks I was killed killing bots in missions
- By Boanerges (Lieutenant / Council / Trident Captain) Date 2014-02-08 14:26
Contact some of us on 444 - some of us have some Hive Queen Gats, Hive Positrons, Hive Fast Cells, and other items that can be used at your levels - much better than what you have now - be careful about who you give locations to as Pirates also can access this part of our Forum and monitor 444 - make sure you know who you are chatting with and only give location info in PM
- By GaldarinKnight Date 2014-02-08 21:24
Thanks ill be on later wen I get off work
- By tsreknor (Commander / Trident Captain) Date 2014-02-08 16:27
Sounds like you were letting someone follow you to the sector where you were botting. Don't jump if an enemy is within 1000 m, because your destination will be seen. Hit a few empty sectors first to lose him, then vary the sector where you are going to do your botting. And/or, switch to a different system.

In general, make yourself unpredictable. Rats who have to guess where you are and can't find you will go look for an easier target.

-- tsreknor
- By Lisa201 (Trident Captain) Date 2014-02-08 15:16
Often we can zoom to your location and then use an Atlas X with you as a gunner to get you out of there.  I've done that many times with players if VO, works very well. 
Some pirates harass the new players more than others. 
Buddy me when you can, and feel free to give me a shout anytime.
- By dr. eggman Date 2014-02-11 13:12
Also, don't use chan 100 or 444 to talk about where you'll be hunting, Rats troll those.
Up Topic Public Area / Public Board / Pirates Troubles