Not logged inThe Guild of Free Traders - Discussion Forum
Forum The Guild of Free Traders Help Login
Up Topic Public Area / Hardware Help and Settings / Sony DualShock4 Map/bind/configure.
- By Cron Zelane Date 2014-01-31 18:00 Edited 2014-01-31 21:44
I recently upgraded from a Sony Play Station, DualShock3 control to the new PS4, DualShock4 control. I found out that VO Client does not recognize the new PS4 control correctly. I did some trial and error testing and have an accurate map of the control for making binds.

wgaf.cfg

These can either be entered threw the chat interface using the /bind command such as; /bind JoyButtonZ +Shoot1 [enter], or by opening the wgaf.cfg file and writing these lines with modified commands for your preferred control layout. Such as; bind JoyButtonZ +Shoot1.

bind DPadUp          -- DPad Up
bind DPadDown     -- DPad Down
bind DPadLeft        -- DPad Left
bind DPadRight      -- DPad Right
bind L1                    -- L2
bind L2                    -- SHARE
bind R1                    -- R2
bind R2                    -- OPTIONS
bind Start                -- Thumb Stick Right Push Down
bind Select              -- Thumb Stick Left Push Down
bind JoyButtonA     -- Square
bind JoyButtonB     -- X
bind JoyButtonC     -- Circle
bind JoyButtonX     -- Triangle
bind JoyButtonY     -- L1
bind JoyButtonZ     -- R1
bind ThumbLeft      -- Track Pad Push Down

config.ini

When you connect the PS4 control while running VO Client for the first time the game will recognize the control and create some default configuration settings. These can either be modified threw the in game UI at Your PDA Options -> Advanced -> Controls -> Joystick or again directly by modifying the config.ini file in a text editor.

These are the lines that would need to be changed;

eg.
JOYZ=Turn
JOYRZ=Pitch
to use the right thumb stick to move left/right and up/down.

[Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Controller]

JOYX                 -- Left Thumb stick Left/Right

JOYY                 -- Left Thumb stick Up/Down
yaxisinvert=1 -- Axis needs be inverted

JOYZ                -- Right Thumb stick Left/Right
zaxisinvert=1 -- Axis needs be inverted

JOYRZ              -- Right Thumb stick Up/Down

JOYRX=NONE -- Set to NONE, do not leave blank

JOYRY=NONE -- Set to NONE, do not leave blank

VO client writes default settings based on the hardware that is detected. I found in the case of the PS4 control the key map and the default binds do not match. These modifications result in a proper working control once your desired functions per button are defined.

For those who would like to make these changes in game threw the UI it can all be done docked at a station or flying in a safe sector as described above.

It is worth mentioning that none of the advanced features such as track pad or audio functions work on the PS4 control as of yet and I have yet to figure the map name for the PS button.
- By Tokkana Slano Date 2014-01-31 19:39
Thank you Cron, great effort there and good info.
- By Lisa201 (Trident Captain) Date 2014-01-31 20:13
Yes, great info!
- By Cron Zelane Date 2014-02-04 19:21
Made a Guild Software support ticket for this post and some issues relevant to this other post http://www.tgft.org/forum/topic_show.pl?tid=5248, adding a few observations made between VO v 1.8.277 and the present v1.8.279 that brought about some new or recurring bind issues to light. I hope that some practical insight from devs will assist us all to resolve these frustrating game play restricting glitches once and for all.
- By Cron Zelane Date 2014-02-07 21:22
Usefull info for DualShock4 users from Guild Software. I will likely edit the OP after the reported update to reflect changes. This is dated 2014-02-07.

"Hi CZ.

I'm warning you that we have changed the internal mappings of how the DualShock 4 controller is used in Android, so you will have to redo your binds again. This is so the mappings match the on-screen controller help menu more closely. The 'Share' button will be 'Back' and 'Options' will be 'Menu', the L/R1 and L/R2 buttons will be what they are labeled as on the controller. The trackpad button will be 'Select'. The Left/Right Thumb buttons will be the correct buttons. The Square/Triangle/Circle/Cross buttons will be X/Y/B/A respectively.

We're sorry for the inconvenience this will cause, but it will make new players have a more proper set of default binds.

This change will be in the next client update that is scheduled for tonight.

- Raybondo"
- By Cron Zelane Date 2014-02-08 02:18
A final note for DualShock4 users from Guild Software.

"I made a small change: Options on the controller will be 'Start' not 'Menu'. - Ray"
- By Cron Zelane Date 2014-02-08 16:26
For DS4 users, the update has not resolved any issues, it has not mapped the DualShock4 (DS4) correctly, it has limited the use of the control. Some noticed effects of the v1.8.280 update to DS4 use. It would appear that the SHARE Button was bound to Back function, it will open/close the Options screen. The Track Pad is mirrored by the ThumbLeft button and the OPTIONS button mirrored by the ThumbRight. Set bind Select will set the bind for both the track pad button and left thumb stick button, as will bind Start set both OPTION button and thumb stick right button. Use of bind ThumbLeft/ThumbRight are not active.

The new default settings will in effect leave the player with out +Turbo or +Brakes buttons mapped or bound. Changing binds will cause some added issues. My attempt to use /bind Back +Zoom (I used +Zoom for it is a simple to test function only), to modify the SHARE button caused all sorts of trouble. I decided to stop and report to devs the situation.

I noticed that the use of the X+Y two button command did open the joystick help screen, but the Close button took me to a screen with background only and the use of turn/pitch controls and mouse pointer. No keyboard or control binds worked and I had to force quite the VO client to exit.

In short the v1.8.280 update does attempt to add DS4 support, but fails to do so correctly and the result is less functionality then before. I am sure the devs will release a fix soon as it seems to be minor mistakes in the default DS4 map causing the problems.
- By Cron Zelane Date 2014-05-12 11:47
With VO 1.8.292 DualShock4 support was corrected and this matter is resolved.
Up Topic Public Area / Hardware Help and Settings / Sony DualShock4 Map/bind/configure.