Not logged inThe Guild of Free Traders - Discussion Forum
Forum The Guild of Free Traders Help Login
Up Topic Public Area / Hardware Help and Settings / Trouble with saving binds...
- By Lisa201 (Trident Captain) Date 2014-01-18 00:46
http://www.vendetta-online.com/x/support?issue_id=2044

Strange... I've got my X52 going, but can't get the binds to save... either editing the config.ini file, or setting them up in-game.  Seems to be a bug, and even using no plugins doesn't change the way it works. 

Wgaf.cfg does save key bindings I do, but it looks like this problem is just with joystick button bindings.

So I'm slow to get back in the game with this going on... I'm working on a file I can execute in-game to setup my binds until this gets fixed.
- By Ecka Estenk (Councilor / Trident Captain) Date 2014-01-18 01:44
Hmm, odd I haven't edited config ini in ages. The x52 bit is this:

[Saitek X52 Pro Flight Control System]
enabled=1
JOYX=Turn
xaxisinvert=1
xaxiscenter=0
xaxismindeadzone=-8
xaxisdeadzone=7
xaxisminsaturation=-64
xaxissaturation=66
JOYY=Pitch
yaxisinvert=0
yaxiscenter=0
yaxismindeadzone=-9
yaxisdeadzone=7
yaxisminsaturation=-66
yaxissaturation=64
JOYRZ=Roll
Rzaxisinvert=0
Rzaxiscenter=0
Rzaxismindeadzone=-10
Rzaxisdeadzone=3
Rzaxisminsaturation=-39
Rzaxissaturation=17
JOYZ=Throttle
zaxisinvert=1
zaxiscenter=0
zaxismindeadzone=-10
zaxisdeadzone=10
zaxisminsaturation=-52
zaxissaturation=47
JOYRX=
Rxaxisinvert=0
Rxaxiscenter=0
Rxaxismindeadzone=-10
Rxaxisdeadzone=10
Rxaxisminsaturation=-95
Rxaxissaturation=95
JOYRY=
Ryaxisinvert=0
Ryaxiscenter=-247
Ryaxismindeadzone=-34
Ryaxisdeadzone=-14
Ryaxisminsaturation=-34
Ryaxissaturation=-14
JOYRU=NONE
Ruaxisinvert=0
Ruaxiscenter=0
Ruaxismindeadzone=-10
Ruaxisdeadzone=10
Ruaxisminsaturation=-95
Ruaxissaturation=95
JOYBUTTON0=+Shoot2
JOYBUTTON1=+Shoot1
JOYBUTTON2=+ptt
JOYBUTTON3=+Brakes
JOYBUTTON4=+Shoot1
JOYBUTTON5=+Turbo
JOYBUTTON6=+Accelerate
JOYBUTTON7=+Decelerate
JOYBUTTON8=Activate
JOYBUTTON9=turbokey
JOYBUTTON10=+TopList
JOYBUTTON11=
JOYBUTTON12=CharInfo
JOYBUTTON13=nav
JOYBUTTON14=
JOYBUTTON15=
JOYBUTTON16=
JOYBUTTON17=
JOYBUTTON18=
JOYBUTTON19=toggleautoaim
JOYBUTTON20=
JOYBUTTON21=FlyModeToggle
JOYBUTTON22=
JOYBUTTON23=
JOYBUTTON24=
JOYBUTTON25=
JOYBUTTON26=
JOYBUTTON27=+Shoot2
JOYBUTTON28=
JOYBUTTON29=+Turbo
JOYBUTTON30=
JOYBUTTON31=
JOYPOV0UP=RadarNextFront
JOYPOV0RIGHT=RadarNext
JOYPOV0DOWN=RadarNextNearestEnemy
JOYPOV0LEFT=RadarPrev
42_hascenter=1
42_min=0
42_max=1023
42_center=512
43_hascenter=1
43_min=0
43_max=1023
43_center=512
44_hascenter=1
44_min=0
44_max=1023
44_center=512
45_hascenter=1
45_min=0
45_max=255
45_center=147
46_hascenter=1
46_min=0
46_max=255
46_center=152
47_hascenter=1
47_min=0
47_max=255
47_center=148
48_hascenter=0
48_min=0
48_max=255
48_center=145
JOYBUTTON32=
JOYBUTTON33=
JOYBUTTON34=
JOYBUTTON35=
binds=-
- By Ecka Estenk (Councilor / Trident Captain) Date 2014-01-18 01:46
the odd bit in there is joybutton 27, 28 , 29 . This lets you set a constant fire or turbo from the mode switch.
- By Lisa201 (Trident Captain) Date 2014-01-18 05:02
Thanks Ecka!
- By Cron Zelane Date 2014-01-19 17:10
I seem to have similar bind trouble. Binds get mucked up every login, fairly bad. It annoys me a lot and I would rather not play till this is resolved. I will keep an eye on the forums for when this is no longer an issue, till then I will be absent from the game.
- By Lisa201 (Trident Captain) Date 2014-01-19 21:35
I added your text to the support ticket I have open on this subject.  Right now I have a text file with my binds in it.  I run that each time I start VO.
- By Cron Zelane Date 2014-01-20 15:54
First off Thank you Lisa, for the /load binds.txt info/idea and adding my concerns to your support ticket.

Now what has changed... .. .

I manually in a text editor build a pair of clean config.ini and wgaf.cfg files with my particular settings for binds and controls. I copied these to VO files folder on my system and saved a copy as .txt files to load once I ran VO client. I ran VO client and prior to an attempt to load files I confirmed if the binds and control settings had been overwritten. They had not been! All seemed as it should be. I have logged on / off several times and report no further errors. I can't say if my action had any effect on this. Most likely the Devs made the fix, any how all seems to be working as it should for me for now. I have made a set of back-up copies of these files just in case, but can report that I am no longer having issues with custom binds and or control settings not surviving a log off.
- By Lisa201 (Trident Captain) Date 2014-01-20 16:24 Edited 2014-01-20 16:39
Nice to hear!  I'll see if it is fixed for me.  About to jump into VO now.

When you say you created a new config.ini, did you you include just the bind stuff, or all the settings in config.ini?
- By Cron Zelane Date 2014-01-20 19:37 Edited 2014-01-21 19:52
Sry for the delay. I created a new character on my alt account to start with a clean as I referred to it or just new files that where made by the client at the latest version having no user modifications. I opened these files in my code editor and 1st modified the character specific content to match my Cron Zelane character and then typed out all my binds and control setting. I did not go into much detail in my post as prior to our in game chat I was of the idea that in fact the devs had made changes and all I did was provide a working set of files with my preferred binds and control settings. I now consider the possibility that the last client update may have caused a grave conflict between the existing config.ini and some of the info the game saves as part of the log off. I use a code editor that keeps an excellent record of all changes made to any document so I will search threw to see if I can identify the culprit here.

EDIT -- I have read some from the Vendetta FAQ and if the client is run with out a config.ini file present a default file is created based on your detected hardware.

EDIT -- I did a couple of tests and I think the error is caused not by the config.ini or the wgaf.cfg, but rather confict between the two spesific to the JoyStick/GamePad bind/config settings that can be assigned in both files. I deleted the working config.ini and ran VO so the client build a default config.ini as I recently found out it should (it did), I then exit client and replaced that file with a copy of the previously working config.ini. Note I did not touch the wgaf.cfg file. This returned me to the mess of before,  binds all mucked up and loss of corrections made after log off. I then replaced both the config.ini and the wgaf.cfg files with my working copies I had saved before I began and ran VO to find all working as it should, binds and setting good and surviving log off.

EDIT -- Same test as before with a twist. Delete config.ini file and ran VO client this time with gamepad disconected from device. A new default config.ini was created as should be and I close client. I take my working config.ini file as before and copy over the recently created default file and restart VO client. Once back online in game I connect my gamepad and all binds and settings work as if nothing happened. Seems as if the client defines discrepency between the 2 files as a currupt config.ini and at start up creates new a default config.ini starting an infinite loop. At every start of the client discrepancy is detected, config.ini determined currupt, default config.ini created with present hardware configuration, causing descrepancy between the config.ini and the wgaf.cfg files and over again. I suspect this issue is limited to those individuals like myself that bind functions to controls not available threw the ingame UI fixed menu options.
Up Topic Public Area / Hardware Help and Settings / Trouble with saving binds...