Not logged inThe Guild of Free Traders - Discussion Forum
Forum The Guild of Free Traders Help Login
Up Topic Public Area / Plugins / TurretThing
- By Draak Date 2013-08-29 21:09 Edited 2013-09-06 20:29
Attached is TurretThing v1.2.

It allows the user to jump into a turret on their active ship from either the cockpit or from another turret! :cool:

**Version 1.2 attached. (includes a readme with instructions and a warning)
EDIT: I attached v1.2 that does not have turret 4 commented out.
- By kennyb (Trident Captain) Date 2013-08-29 22:59
There's one called turrethop that I use to hop to turrets and back.

http://www.vendetta-online.com/x/msgboard/16/27843
- By Draak Date 2013-08-29 23:06 Edited 2013-08-29 23:15
wish I had known that a couple of days ago....:cry:   Does that one allow you to bind each turret to a different key?
- By kennyb (Trident Captain) Date 2013-08-29 23:20
yes, it does.
- By Lisa201 (Trident Captain) Date 2013-08-29 23:10
Cool!  Checkout this snipit of code for the messages:

HUD:PrintSecondaryMsg("\127cd5c00Auto-Jump De-Activated.\127o")

It times out after about 4 seconds on the screen.
- By Lisa201 (Trident Captain) Date 2013-08-29 23:35
local function turretthing4(_,data)
  for i=4, GetNumStationTurrets ()
    do PurchaseMerchandiseItem(GetStationTurretInfo(i).itemid)
    print ("Entering Turret 4")
  end
end

Note your print is inside the for loop... so on the turrets other than 1 you get multiple messages.
- By Draak Date 2013-08-29 23:37
i was wondering why it had the multiples...thank you for spotting that!
- By Lisa201 (Trident Captain) Date 2013-08-29 23:43
-- key call-back function -------------------------------
function LK_Callback(err,result)
if err then
  if not (result == "That player already has that key.") then
    LK_msg(LK_White,"Result: "..result)
    end
  end
end

This is how avoid getting all the messages "That player already has that key." when keys issues keys to everyone.
Not sure what you would use for the int amount in your function below.

PurchaseMerchandiseItem(int itemid, int amount, function callback) -> nil :: buy the provided item

http://www.vo-wiki.com/racecar/index.php?title=API_PurchaseMerchandiseItem
- By Draak Date 2013-08-31 21:35
Woot!  :cool: I got it to allow entering a turret from another turret! :cool:   -now on to fixing that lua error when the turret doesn't exist.:confused::cry:
- By Tokkana Slano Date 2013-09-01 17:39
nice job!
- By Boanerges (Lieutenant / Council / Trident Captain) Date 2013-09-04 18:05
I loaded and tried it out - only problem I found is when I try to assign key bind for turret 4 it says no such command as t4

Also, is there a way to assign buttons on joystick for the turrets - I have 6 buttons I am not using - tried using the same description that shows in button assigned to things under options, like primary and secondary weapons.
- By Lisa201 (Trident Captain) Date 2013-09-04 20:15
To assign joystick buttons, do this;  open the keyboard setup, scroll to some function that says "none".  Click it once with the mouse, then press the joystick button you want to use.  That button will now be shown on the function.  Something like JOY0BUTTON12

Now highlight the same line and press BACKSPACE to delete the definition for the function.  (I just do this to get the correct name for joystick buttons.)

From the chat line, do this:
/bind JOY0BUTTON12 t3

Of course use your button definition, and the plugin function you wish to use.
- By Lunchfoot (Trident Captain) Date 2013-09-05 02:37 Edited 2013-09-05 04:50
in the Read me file that comes with the plugin Draak mentions that the turretthing4 function is commented out in the lua file.  This is because if you select a turret that is not there you get an error.  I believe you need to go into the lua file and remove the double hyphen in front of the turretthing4 function, reload the binds in game, then it will work.
- By Boanerges (Lieutenant / Council / Trident Captain) Date 2013-09-05 20:42
Since it also works on turrets in several other ships, and most have only 1 turret, I don't see the point of leaving turret 4 out. I have hit for turret 2 and 3 on HM with only one turret and get the message.

As for going into the lau file and remove the double hyphen, I am completely illiterate at doing anything that comes close to programming and am not interested in trying it. If it is a problem with having t4 in the program, then could someone possible make the change and list the plugin with t4 seperate so player can choose which one they want to use.
- By Lunchfoot (Trident Captain) Date 2013-09-06 04:50
i believe its a work in progress and Draak is ironing out the wrinkles as we speak :)
- By Bladerus Mortus (Councilor / Trident Captain) Date 2013-09-03 07:53
Geez that's a cool plugin indeed! I have installed it immediately! Congratulations.
- By Boanerges (Lieutenant / Council / Trident Captain) Date 2013-09-15 22:59
IT WORKS AND WORKS FINE - I logged on in empty sector and somehow Boda found my dent while I was trying to get joystick adjusted - I somewhat paniced - could not seem to get straight and move ship - jumped between turrets and blasted him out of the sky - not all Gems and Firecrackers connected, but I got him before he got me - I was down to 10% - and thanks to Guild for coming to rescue with Reppers - if it was not for this pluging, I would be spending over half mil replacing the Dent and equipment on board.
- By Lunchfoot (Trident Captain) Date 2013-10-25 16:01
you know how Turretthing kicks you out of turret when jump point arrives?  I've found this to be very easy to miss if you are in combat situation.  Ideally turbohop would jump you after that but i gather that won't be able to happen.  How about some sort of beep or other audio signal that signifies "your jump has arrived, hit enter , stupid!"   I have missed jump points several times in these situations because i am hopping from turret to turret and miss my jump.   Can someone do it??  i have no clue how, unfortunately, otherwise i would have.
- By Boanerges (Lieutenant / Council / Trident Captain) Date 2013-10-25 17:13
I may have a newer version than you have, or something, because I am moved out of the turret AFTER the jump is made. I noticed at first that it would kick you out on the "in" side of the jump and then you would need to realize it and jump quick. Now, it happens after the jump. I am not sure if it is a change on TurretThing or a change in Turbo Hopper.
- By Lunchfoot (Trident Captain) Date 2013-10-25 19:03
Wow that sounds great!  Better check my versions :)
Up Topic Public Area / Plugins / TurretThing