Not logged inThe Guild of Free Traders - Discussion Forum
Forum The Guild of Free Traders Help Login
Up Topic Public Area / Off-Topic / "Tonight the streets are filled with love"
- - By shna_ Date 2011-07-26 00:34
I don't know what you know about what has happened over here in Norway, but I suppose that most of you have some idea.

Today, over 150 000 people participated in a torchlit procession through the streets of Oslo. Similar processions has taken place in most cities across the country.

From BBC News:
"As the crowds gathered for the rally outside the town hall in Oslo, the mood was less one of demanding retribution than sending out a message of defiance.

A sea of people stretching back as far as the eye could see held roses aloft as they listened to speeches calling for Norway not to let the attacks change its way of life.

This nation may be in mourning but its people are determined to respond to the violence of Anders Behring Breivik with peace and unity."

This image is from the town square of my home city:

One of the reasons I love TGFT is that people with different cultural backgrounds and different values can work together and have fun together. I believe that in our own way, it proves that Breivik is wrong.

"Maybe you ask in fear,
uncovered, open:
with what shall I fight
what is my weapon?

Here is your defense against violence
here is your sword:
the belief in our life,
the worth of mankind."
Parent - By Surbius Date 2011-07-26 01:05
Parent - - By lluvia acida Date 2011-07-26 06:46
Wishing you all the best in Norway. It is a sad moment, but I know you are a proud nation and good people.
God bless.
Parent - By Ecka Estenk (Councilor / Trident Captain) Date 2011-07-26 15:27
Aye, tragic events. My best wishes.
Up Topic Public Area / Off-Topic / "Tonight the streets are filled with love"