Not logged inThe Guild of Free Traders - Discussion Forum
Forum The Guild of Free Traders Help Login
Up Topic Public Area / Off-Topic / Can anyone help me with Linux?
- - By Neagoth Date 2008-12-11 14:49
Hi Guys hoping someone can help me with a problem ive got? Other day windows was playing up did a scan of the files and said they were corrupt so i thought id reinstall it with my restore dvd i got with comp. All went well till i reboot after the restore had finished and said a file was missing so i'd thought i give Linux a try, Ubunto 8.10 is the one im using. Anyway got everything install all good added a few programmes and im impressed so i thought right lets get Vendetta on as it run on Linux and it runs sweet alot better than xp, but then i thought oh no where's my plugins so off.  The question i need answering is where the hell does VO install on Linux only thing i can find is the Launcher i put in bin folder in your home folder. Sorry if it dont make much sense ive not long been home from a 12 hour shift. I'll keep looking for the answer but if any of you guys can help that would be great :)
Parent - - By Riyusone Date 2008-12-11 14:54
Go to your home folder, then go into the invisible director .vendetta.

Since you cant see the directory it self you may need to use go to location from one of the menus or if theres a text line showing your current location click on that while in the home folder and add /.vendetta to the end of it.

Going to ~/.vendetta should also work.

I use Sabayon linux so while stuff can be similar it's not going to be identical.
Parent - - By Fluffy Date 2008-12-11 16:19
Control 'h' should allow you to view your invisible files once your in your home folder.

/me knows all of one thing about the operating system he uses and that was it. ;)
Parent - - By Neagoth Date 2008-12-11 21:59
Thanks guys got it sorted, tho cannot get any of the skins to work now, you still add skin=(Folder Name)\ to the config.ini like windows? Every skin ive tried have not loaded properly there just white instead proper colours
Parent - By Fluffy Date 2008-12-11 23:38
Yeah, I tried to install a skin once and failed following the directions.  Never was interested enough to solve this one.  Good luck though :^)
Parent - By Xolodnik Date 2008-12-12 04:40
This is the config.ini line I use to load my skin on a Mac so I guess you would reverse the slashes for Linux:

skin=skin/FolderName/

I had to create a folder named "skin" first and then put the skin folder inside of it.  However, some older skins still show as white due to problems with their alpha channels. Hope this helps; have fun with the skins!
Parent - - By Miharu Date 2008-12-12 09:45
What Xolo said.

Windows is the only operating system that VO runs on (as far as I know anyway) that uses \ for directories instead of /, so you'll want to use the line he suggested.
Parent - By Neagoth Date 2008-12-14 14:41
Thanks everyone that got them working :)
Up Topic Public Area / Off-Topic / Can anyone help me with Linux?