Not logged inThe Guild of Free Traders - Discussion Forum
Forum The Guild of Free Traders Help Login
Up Topic Public Area / Off-Topic / What was I thinking?
- - By Fluffy Date 2008-12-07 02:12
I made the huge mistake of downloading and trying eve this evening.  Very pretty introduction, but my god!  I didn't even make it through the tutorials before I was screaming to get out.   I was so desperate to leave, I was frantically searching all of the hideous information and action bars for a log off command that I didn't even think to hit escape for several minutes.  Someone please remind me of this the next time I complain about VO.  I think I'm going to have nightmares.
Parent - By Riddik Willennium Date 2008-12-07 02:23
HAHAHAHAHA see what you get for think about entering a universe outside VO the GODS have disaplined you for it BAD FLUFFY BAD
Parent - - By Surbius Date 2008-12-07 02:43
A highly HIGHLY complex game.  I tried it twice and still hated it.  Only for those that want to spend lots of money and time for a slightly interactive screen saver.
Parent - - By Hortan Date 2008-12-07 09:56
I love EVE. All the way through downloading (NOW FOR MAC!!!), to the upstart, the character generation, the people I know of who plays it, the idea, the scope...

And than I started playing it:)

I must say it is amazing how quickly love can turn to loathing..... Welcome back to the fold Fluffy:)
Parent - By Fluffy Date 2008-12-07 13:41
Heheh.   Thx.   Ship movement and training on the first combat drone is what killed it for me.   Though if we thought the economy was inflated in VO, try a 5,000,000 pay day for killing 1 beginner combat drone!
Parent - - By Neagoth Date 2008-12-07 16:47
I tried it a few week ago too from a friends recommendation and things i read about it and thought i'd give the trial a go.I went through the tutorials and thought i think its a good looking game but it felt too "fiddly" to me and like you said with too much info in your face,not bashing the game though i think its well made just not for me. Also i prefer to fly my ship first person and felt i didnt control my ship with all the point and clicking give me a joystick any day. So i ask Vendetta to forgive my sins from cheating on her and hope she welcomes me back with open arms.
Parent - By Fluffy Date 2008-12-07 20:08
Oddly enough,  VO is the only mmorg I've actually enjoyed longer than a day.  I demo'd quite a few before VO, and never lasted a day.  Only one of note that I've never tried is WoW.  That doesn't count fps like Halo or Nexuis or Urban Terror
Parent - - By shefa feladonen Date 2008-12-24 06:15
i played it for 3 months 2 yrs ago. in retrospect what  a waste of time. i met IT guys at work who only logged in once a month to change what they were 'levelling up' (so you WILL get trashed by people who've done this for years, ie no skill is involved), and i disagree it looks lovely, just stupid clouds of stardust everwhere u go, quite boring. i did extract the music tho, i have ogg files if anyone's interested.
Parent - - By Surbius Date 2008-12-24 06:34
That's why I have Depeche Mode and music by Valve.
Parent - By shefa feladonen Date 2008-12-24 19:41
lol
Up Topic Public Area / Off-Topic / What was I thinking?