Not logged inThe Guild of Free Traders - Discussion Forum
Forum The Guild of Free Traders Help Login
Up Topic Public Area / Off-Topic / My wifes horse
- - By Zathras (Architect of The Great Machine) Date 2007-02-14 19:30
My wife snapped some shots of me and her horse.
That there is Nikita Laday, an old trotter mare, that has been living her last year under my wifes care.

She'll be leaving us, and this world, next weekend.  Naturally, my wife is heartbroken, but she'll be alright.  The horse has a bad back, but isn't in pain.  She's just sad and bored not being worked due to the back problems, and it's better for her to be let go now that she can't even run without pain any more.
Parent - - By Esson Lennenk Date 2007-02-15 02:06
Sorry to hear that the horse will be leaving this world soon.  Hope you and your wife will not take the loss too painfully.
Parent - By Zathras (Architect of The Great Machine) Date 2007-02-15 10:40
Don't worry about it.  Old horses die, and she sort of came to us to live her last days with us, so it's no surprise at all.
We thought it might last another couple of years, but the end has come.  She's in no pain, and death itself will be like falling asleep.

I think it would have been a lot worse if the horse was in agony.
Parent - - By Yasumoto Date 2007-02-20 19:46
Zathras,

Sorry to hear about your horse. That's very kind of you and your wife to provide hospice care for an old mare.

On a lighter note, it is not clear from those photos who has more facial hair: you or the horse! :-D

-- Yasumoto
Parent - By Zathras (Architect of The Great Machine) Date 2007-02-20 19:58
It's definitively me :)
Parent - - By Zathras (Architect of The Great Machine) Date 2007-03-31 05:28
RIP Nikita Laday.  After several weeks of delays she finally left us last night, and enjoys the ultimate in greener grass on the other side.
The grass is always greener on the other side, right?  Well, she's crossed over.

On a slightly related note, I'll be out of touch for about a week:  I'm going to Norway for easter.
Parent - By Surbius Date 2007-03-31 12:58
It is greener. I wonder how green it is in Norway.
Up Topic Public Area / Off-Topic / My wifes horse