Not logged inThe Guild of Free Traders - Discussion Forum
Forum The Guild of Free Traders Help Login
Up Topic Public Area / Off-Topic / Sure been slow around here.
- - By Bohemian72 Date 2006-08-29 19:24
Am I the only one who hasn't been around much? Seems like board traffic has crawled to a near halt. I haven't been in game much either but the couple times I have no one's been around. Are we all on summer vacation?

Bohemian
Parent - By Surbius Date 2006-08-29 20:04
College.
Parent - - By Screwball Date 2006-08-30 00:06 Edited 2006-08-30 00:29
I've been away most weekends recently and kinda tired on the weeknights due to recovering from the weekend, work, and summer softball league.  More importantly, I've been generally depressed about the fact that our 18 yr old, blind cat continues his slow downhill slide toward the end of life.  He almost died a few weeks ago, recovered from that, and now it's time to take him back to the vet for dental surgery because it hurts him just to eat right now.  Thus, I'm spending a lot of time trying to make him comfortable when I'm home.  It reminds me of when my grandmother passed away a few years ago, when I got the call that there was nothing the doctors could do and she had only a few days to live.  I went to the hospital, did what I could to provide love and comfort, and watched her fade over the course of three days until she drew her last breath.  Let me tell you, it really sucks watching someone you love die slowly, and this is like deja vu only longer and more drawn out.

Wow, that was kinda depressing.  Have some fun out there for me.  I'll be around.
Parent - By Bohemian72 Date 2006-08-30 14:09
Sorry to hear that your cat is in such bad shape. Of course, having seen the cat, I knew he was mostly blind and quite old, but ... it's a bummer.
Parent - By Doofa Magoobie Date 2006-08-30 01:17
i'm working an alt atm, but im in here lots :D
Parent - By Lung Jin Date 2006-08-30 04:18
Work too, damm you to hell Websense!
LJ
Parent - By Obsidian Date 2006-08-30 09:59
School,  I'm not going to get a break until after the 3rd Friday count, so I will continue to have busy weeks in the near future
Parent - - By Moby Dick (Forum Admin) Date 2006-08-30 16:09
Yeah, work has been pretty busy for me, too.  I've got a big project to move our servers to a co-located facility to go long with all of the usual fires that constantly pop up.

The college football season starts this weekend (I have season tickets to Virginia Tech's home games), so I won't be around very many weekends for the next 3 months.
Parent - By Pliny the Elder Date 2006-08-31 03:17
yup its pretty much the same for me, i have school (and hopefully a job :)  so yeah not much time for VO for me.
Parent - By Yasumoto Date 2006-08-31 03:29
Yup. Serious hours in teh workplace keep me from behind the flight controls and out of trade negotiations with those wiley UIT station merchants. Hopefully better work hours await in mid-September. I can't even imagine what's going to happen when my boss goes out on maternity leave in November. /me shakes his head and thinks about how to gracefully diminish expectations of internal clients (IT support) w/o getting hung from the nearest lamp post.

I do frequent these boards about once a day, though.

I have unscientifically noticed that server population is down a bit from earlier in the summer. That's prolly due to workplace activity ramping up (like me), school going back in-session and some folks still on summer holiday. Right now is a transitional time that may not leave much time for entertainment, i.e., gaming.

My guess is that activity will pick back up in October and November when folks have more routine back in their lives.

Parent - By Zathras (Architect of The Great Machine) Date 2006-08-31 18:12
Right now, Vendetta is boring.
Hopefully that is changing very shortly with the awesom hivespreading stuff, when we can actually clear out sectors to mine them and stuff! :-D

I monitor Channel 100 from #vrelay on Slashnet pretty much all the time, just say "Demonen" in Chan100 to get my attention.
Up Topic Public Area / Off-Topic / Sure been slow around here.