Not logged inThe Guild of Free Traders - Discussion Forum
Forum The Guild of Free Traders Help Login
Up Topic Public Area / Off-Topic / What I did over the weekend.
- - By Moby Dick (Forum Admin) Date 2006-08-08 15:03
I went and saw myself a demolition derby on Saturday!

I didn't really have very high expectations, but it was actually alot of fun.

There were 4 heats with 7 cars each.  The last two surviving cars in each heat qualified for the feature event at the end.  Only 5 cars ended up in the feature because 3 couldn't get their cars restarted before the feature.

I took a ton of pictures of the first heat, and slowed up as the night went on.  Plus, the pictures I took after dark didn't come out too well.

Anywho, here's the destruction:

http://cuz.cx/_cgi/mica.pl?path=/_pictures/demo_derby_05aug2006/

(The one picture of the 2 girls is my buddy's girlfriend [right] and her sister [left].  Her sister bought a hat at the derby and wanted to document it.)
Parent - By Yasumoto Date 2006-08-08 15:46
Heck. Some of those cars look like my moth after I've stumbled across a Serco Trident after jumping through a wormhole (I haven't yet brought my Serco standing up from hated).

Yer buddy's gf's sister is cute, btw.
Parent - By Bohemian72 Date 2006-08-08 16:45
/bohemian72 slicks back hair and tries to look cool
"So, tell me more about this...sister." ;-)

Seriously though (OK not really), It looks more like the parking structure at the clubhouse during that infamous time Lebermac was a member.
Parent - By Broma-Ba Slick Date 2006-08-08 18:20
The last time I went to a demo derby, it was indoors.  Just imagine all that smoke inside.....  It was fun, but definately an outdoor sport.
Parent - By Screwball Date 2006-08-09 01:42 Edited 2006-08-09 02:08
Very cool.  I went to a demolition derby on Sunday.  It was a blast.  3 heats with about 12 cars each, then another with the losers, then the final heat with the 6 winners of the first three matches.  I don't have any pictures, but in one match, a car backed up all the way up the hood and onto the roof of another car, then (because it was front wheel drive) drove back down and kept going.  It was awesome.
Parent - By Zathras (Architect of The Great Machine) Date 2006-08-10 08:37
Crazy americans...
Up Topic Public Area / Off-Topic / What I did over the weekend.