Not logged inThe Guild of Free Traders - Discussion Forum
Forum The Guild of Free Traders Help Login
Up Topic Public Area / Public Board / Building up on Free to Play Characters
- By Boanerges (Lieutenant / Council / Trident Captain) Date 2020-03-25 21:16 Edited 2020-03-29 20:34
Continuing with Efforts at TGFT to help out all new players, I have just tested this out using only the items listed that acquired from other sources (can't buy them).

I started out acquiring some Hive Fast Power Cells, which a lot of TGFT and others will give to new players, so I could have better Power during this. I purchased a Plasma Cannon MK II for better firepower for the Flight Test.
After doing the Basic Flight Test I did the Courier Needed Mission which gives the levels where you can purchase a Revenant. I outfitted this with twin Plasma Cannon HK (better than the MK II) and Stingray Missiles.
From this point you can go several routes. I chose the one listed because I like the WartHog better than the Revenant for shooting the Artemis. You can skip down if you wish to use the Revenant.

The Atlas is available at Trade 2. To get this I did the Courier Missions - Classified, Mining Parts, and Commerce Delivery - and then did 2 Trade - Procurement - Bulk Missions which got me to Trade 2 and over 200k Credits.
Purchased the Atlas and went after Mining 2. Started with Mining Stations Needs Workers (EASY 2,000 Credits). Now at Mining 1, I bought a Large Port Mining Beam and started mining. This is a Slow Beam and Heats up Roids Fast. The better Beam is the High Density which can be acquired from several Players - ask on 100 about them - I got a HD and purchased a High Effeciency Beam (can buy at mining station and equip it at any non-mining station). This gave me good mining without heating up much. Mined and sold till reached Mining 2.

At Mining 2 the WartHog Mineral Extractor is buyable - has 24 cu cargo. I bought one for use when got to Dentek and Artemis Bots.
I started with the Revenant on Beginning Combat Practice shooting the Orun Bots with AutoFire on - collecting the Processor Cores, SSS (Synthetic Silksteel - used in building and in demand), and Scrap Metal. You need about 32 Cores and 30 Scrap for Orun Missions and about 40 Scrap for Artemis Missions. When you kill 20 Bots - at 120 Credit Reward - the Mission quits giving for Oruns. At this point complete the Mission and start it again so you get the license increases and credits.
At 40 Oruns killed I was over half way to Heavy 1 and had 24 Processor Cores. I stopped and did the Rogue Drones Mission and the More Orun Processors Needed (3 times). This adds up good on Combat and Light - now Combat 2.
I did some more Beginner Combat Practice on Oruns saving the SSS and Scrap. YOU can judge when you want to quit, but remember you will need 40 Scrap for Artemis and it is easier to pick up in Orun sector than in Artemis sector.

Continuing the Beginner Combat Practice I changed over to Dentek. You will need to save 22 Dentek Processor Cores while doing this mission. I killed 10 Dentek and got 4 Cores and, more important, Heavy 1.
At Heavy 1 you can buy the Large Port Plasma Eliminator. You can put it on the Revenant, or on the WartHog like I did (I like the way Hog handles better than the Rev). Put the Large Port on Primary so it will fire automatically.
I enter the sector and when get near the Dentek (about 1000) I cut speed to about half. When engaging I strafe in one direction and keep aim on bot with the "steering". This will shoot the Eliminator when in range and proper aim. This takes them out fast and adds to Heavy Weapons License. Once you reach Heavy 2 you can Equip the Mega Positron which you can pick up from other players, since you can't buy them yet. While doing the Beginning Combat Practice on Dentek, you get added to license 210 Combat, 100 Light, and 100 Heavy for each group of 5 bots killed, plus 20 per bot with whichever weapon did the kill shot.

When I had at least 22 Processor Cores I did the Dentek Processor Cores Needed and More Dentek Processor Cores Needed (twice). You can do more if you want. Now I am close to level 3 Combat, over 2 1/2 Light, over 1 1/2 Heavy, over 2 Trade, and over 2 Mining.
Next step is Intermediate Combat Practice on Artemis(till Combat 3) or Advanced Combat Practice. I use the same method on Artemis as on Dentek. You Need to collect at least 32 Artemis Processor Cores and have at least 40 Scrap Metal.
Start with Alternative Avenue of Inquiry and then do Artemis Core Sweep twice. Then Arurn Potestas Est is to carry results to another station.

Now, in same day, Combat 4 - Light 3 (2,752/7/750) - Heavy 3 (742/7,750) - Trade 2 (3,106/5,000) - Mining 2 (64/5,000). ONLY ITEMS I could not buy were the Hive Fast Power Cell and High-Density Mining Beams.
I played on a cheap Samsung Chromebook, which uses Android version of VO, and using an old PlayStation 3 Bluetooth Controller - - Basically same type stuff Free Players are using. Same could be done without controller by adding plugin Droid Buttons to Tablet/Phone or even using the standard on screen controls on tablet/phone, but it would be a lot harder and take more time.

SOME OTHER TIPS
Plot your return course back to Station when botting - need to get out quick sometimes
Learn where the Docks are at the Stations you visit frequently - helps if you need to dock fast
Don't run health too low during botting - when health drops below 75% it requires more Power to be able to jump
You don't have to use the Jump Points that VO shows when you plot - you can jump from anywhere in sector as long as over 3,000 from roids - you do have to use the Worm Hole Jumps
A lot of items can be bought and equipped at Latos M-7 - - use caution it is in Grey and Dangerous
Behemoth Heavy Miner can be bought by Free to Play (140 cu storage) - takes Basic Miner Badge 2 - Mine and Sell 15,000 units of ore
Some items can be bought at lower licenses at few stations in UIT (non-UIT stations) and at Corvus Stations in Grey - There is post here about some of the items at Corvus
For the Mining to get Badge, pick and station sector with roids near station so avoid long transports
The High Efficiency Mining Beam can be bought at Mining Stations and equipped at non-mining Stations at any level
Up Topic Public Area / Public Board / Building up on Free to Play Characters