Not logged inThe Guild of Free Traders - Discussion Forum
Forum The Guild of Free Traders Help Login
Up Topic Public Area / Public Board / Free Advice
- By Boanerges (Lieutenant / Council / Trident Captain) Date 2019-10-07 20:19
I was thinking today while mowing the grass on the lot next to mine that had been basically left and house and lawn were left to whatever happened. I started mowing it every 2 or 3 weeks out of respect of the man who once owned it, before passing, and to keep the front part where snakes would not have free roaming next to my yard that my Granddaughters play. I did get paid once last year by the current owners husband. She is the Granddaughter of the man who owned it. Never start anything you are not willing to keep doing.

Never start anything you are not willing to keep doing, both in real life and in a game like VO. Others will take advantage of your good will and expect it to continue and continue.

It reminded me of words to an old song by Roger Miller from years gone by which fit so good.

"Just sitting around drinking with a bunch of the guys, Six rounds bought and I bought Five, Spent the Groceries and Half the Rent, I lacked Fourteen Dollars having Twenty-Seven Cents, Dang Me, Dang Me, ought to take a rope and Hang Me - - - "

Folks are always around for the receiving but leave quickly when it is there turn to do some giving back.

Take this for what it is worth and just maybe you may learn something from it.
- By Galactica Actual (Trident & Goliath Captain) Date 2019-10-09 00:10
:D
- By Soleil Date 2019-10-17 09:42
Its all good karma.

I often make the mistake of helping people repair things, tools, printers, computers whatever. You automatically become their tech support guy and the person who is blamed when things break.
- By GiantChook (Trident Captain) Date 2019-10-17 14:12
I know that feeling. Glad I no longer work in A/V and security. Always fixing crap that isn’t broke in the first place. Worst is when dad keeps asking me about stuff. I do my best not to answer cuz he doesn’t listen to me anyway. Lol.
Up Topic Public Area / Public Board / Free Advice